Monday, October 1, 2012

STILL WORKING OUT THE DETAILS!


STILL WORKING OUT THE DETAILS!

So you’re ready for a new consumer DSLR? Me too! I’m excited by a few rumors which I’ll cover in this Canon T4i review, maybe T4i preview would be more acurate? I’ll stop asking questions now and get on to what I’ve learned about this new camera.
The first feature I think about when I ask myself what’s missing from the T3i is an autofocus option while in video mode. I mean really, are consumer camera buyers expected to be able to focus on the fly, especially with some of the previous lenses that made manual focus pretty awkward. My fingers are crossed on this one, come on Canon!
Speaking of the lens… The word on the street is that a new version of the 18-135mm EF-S kit lens will be available along with the Canon T4i. This new lense is supposed to have silent autofocus. Personally I don’t care about silent focus, I just want great image quality and smooth operation. But I’m just one person writing a Canon T4i review, I suppose some photographers are concerned about the amount of noise their equipment produces.
There’s been reports of a new 24 MP sensor along with the DIGIC-5 image processor. In respect to DIGIC-5, bring it on! As for a 24 MP sensor… whatever. The old 18 MP is plenty for nearly any application this camera could be reasonably expected to handle. I’d just like to see reduced noise when shooting in low light with higher ISOs and a higher resolution sensor won’t be helping with that. When I actually get one of these in my hands my Canon T4i review score will depend highly on high ISO noise performance – I’m not a fan of flash. Lucky for me, the more recent reports claim that the T4i will retain an 18 MP sensor. We’ll have to wait and see on this one.
Now to the touch screen display. WHAT?!?! Yep, you heard that right, touch screen display! I don’t know if I care or not. I mean sure that sounds cool, but will it improve the experience or just be annoying? If it works as well as, say an iPhone, then bring it on. But if it’s going to be “iffy” I’ll stick with the directional pad and buttons. Not that a touch screen would mean you’d lose these things, of course.
It seems like everything these days has WiFi. I’d love to tell you in this Canon T4i review that WiFi will definitely be included. I can’t quite do that, but what I can do is say that it is HIGHLY rumored to be (whatever that means)! I would love to be able to access images on my Rebel T4i without searching for cables and going through that process… It just makes so much sense. Come on Canon, I really want this one!

ENDING THE CANON T4I REVIEW

To sum things up, the best guess about the T4i’s features is currently: a new silent lens with an awesome focal length range, a fancy touch screen display, DIGIC-5, and WiFi! I’m sure there’ll be some new video features thrown in there as well.
What Canon T4i review would be complete without a little intrigue? A Canon EOS 650D book was mistakenly released for pre-sale on Amazon recently, with a release date of May 17th. Of course it was promptly removed once the mistake was discovered! To me that means we’re looking at a Canon T4i release date on or before May 17th!
Image of the front of the Canon T4i. This is a T3i until I get a real photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment